Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou 2013 & the Artful Reader's Club

Happy New Year and Aloha to all FABulous Creative Ones...

As you can see, my last post was in Spring 2012...I created this blog to participate in
the FABulous Darcy's PostCard Challenge...then the expedition unexpectedly ended due to unforeseen events...however, I have committed to completing last year's challenge and will post the entire PostCard Book/Story this year...

The Artful Reader's Club is Darcy's 2013 Challenge...it combines two of my Loves
Books + Art...how could I resist!  Please visit Darcy's Site for ARC challenge info.
Mahalo (many thanks) to Darcy and all Creative Ones participating this year. 

The 12 Books I've chosen are found on the bookshelf in the sidebar. 




helu.helu
1. v. To read, count.  Mea heluhelu, reader (either a book, or a person who reads). Poʻe heluhelu, reader (person). Aʻo heluhelu, reader (book); to learn to read.


Sending you all warm island greetings for a Joyous & Healthy 2013...

16 comments:

  1. Great list. Look forward to seeing your artwork and reading your reviews. A xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your art work once more.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made a nice pile too! I dropped out of the Postcard Challenge about halfway... It was too much! I will finish but not with 52 countries. Looking forward to this challenge, 12 should be managable! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an inspiring pile of books, I look forward to reading your reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hau'oli Makahiki Hou, Leialoha! Happy New Year!

    I'm so happy to see your blog from Oahu, my old home.

    My family (then-husband and young son) and I lived and worked on Oahu in the late 1980's. My grown up son and I were fortunate enough to visit Oahu a couple of years ago on Spring Break. My years there were a highlight of my life. I miss Hawaii so very, very much.

    Welcome to the Artful Readers Club and I look forward to reading what you have to share. The book Moloka'i on your book shelf looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased you are joining us again. You were missed. Looking forward to your reviews and wonderful artwork.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pleased you are with us again, i missed your beautiful artwork. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope life hasn't been too awful to you...missed your beautiful orchids :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not heard of these books, but some of them look interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of any of the books on your list so am looking forward to your reviews :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have read 'The Red Tent' and really enjoyed it. I have just started 'Gone Girl' as my first book for this challenge. I look forward to seeing your responses.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  12. All your books are new to me so I am really looking forward to reading your reviews, it is great to be taking part in this challenge.
    It will certainly expand my knowledge of books and no doubt add them to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wide range of books across everyone's bookshelves. I like the look of yours. Moloka'I is an intriguing title, can't wait to see what that one's about.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have Bring Up The Bodies too, I'm a fan of Patricia Cornwell but not read Red Mist yet - maybe I can squueeze it in amongst my 12?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look forward to your reviews & art

    ReplyDelete
  16. the books you've chosen look like wonderful literary escapes! i can't wait to see and hear what you think of them.

    ReplyDelete